Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I've used my Make Up Forever HD foundation religiously for as long as I can remember, but I have been running out and since I'm on a tight budget this month, I decided to go on the hunt for a more affordable, drugstore foundation.
I have combination skin, with dry patches around my forehead (close to my hairline) and oily patches right along my nose. On top of that, my skin is also quite sensitve. I'm pimple-free most of the time, but the wrong product will make my skin go absolutely crazy.
When I picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, I was skeptical. It has a slight scent, which worried me, since scented products tend to irritate my skin. 
I was pleasantly surprised! The foundation applied really nicely, I needed only one full pump (It has a pump! Thank God! Much more hygienic). 



I apply mine with a stippling brush, and from some of the other reviews I've read, that's the best way to go about it! It's just a tiny bit too runny to apply with your fingers.
The coverage is great, not too heavy but certainly not too light. It's perfect for me since I only have some (very) mild rosacea on my cheeks (and by mild I mean, it just looks like I'm constantly blushing). It also hasn't broken me out at all, so that's a plus. 


It is a bit glittery, I can definitely see some fine glitter on my face when in the right lighting (like under one of those fluorescent bathroom lights), so if you hate glitter in your foundation and you like a matte finish, I definitely wouldn't recommend getting this foundation.
There also isn't a huge color range. There are only 6 shades that I'm aware of (my shade is 300 - Sand by the way), but they blend in pretty nicely.


Other than that, it's really great. I don't set it with a powder, I prefer the way it looks without one much more and it still stays put throughout most of the day, if I'm not doing anything intense like clubbing. It has replaced my Make Up Forever HD foundation, which I now only use for nights out, or when I'm going to be a little sweaty and I don't want the glitter in my foundation to make me look even shinier!
I love this foundation! 




4 stars out of 5!

3 comments:

  1. I've been using the foundation for a while and I really enjoy using it! love how it evens my skin tone without being too heavy and cakey! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I like it very much! I checked out your blog by the way, and you have great style! xx

      Delete
  2. great post!

    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...